Quick summary I am Bianca Jazmine:
- College senior, Psychology major; Art minor
- In July ’13 I was finally ready for change & began my journey!
- I played a couple sports in high-school but I am in no way an athlete.
- I have no background in fitness outside health class, and gym in high school.
- I am obese
- I am a recovering compulsive eater
- I SEEK TO HELP OTHERS ! ❤
- So far I have lost 47lbs and at 208lbs I plan to lose 35-40 more lbs. I feel 165-173 lbs is a healthy range for me, I just want to be healthy.
- & I’m sharing my personal toolkit because it may help you be happy & healthy as well.
Who is Bianca Jazmine and why did she begin A Journey Full of Health?!
This is me exactly a year ago! Emotionally I was content with my overall life and stressed with maintaining my responsibilities. From academics, to campus/community involvement to independence and personal relationships I had a lot to balance. Although my psychology major has nothing to do with it, I had been doing nails and makeup on campus for two years. I absolutely loved it, but when people would try to get me to model in fashion shows and I would always shy away. It was at that point that I realized my I was a little uncomfortable with my body. I began to research my body type and exercises that were best for me. I was extremely discouraged with thoughts like : “None of those people look like me.” “I can’t keep up with what they are doing!” “Why aren’t bigger people in exercise videos, etc?” I tried buying healthier foods without understanding what that meant and eventually everything went to the back burner, “I had more important things to worry about”.
In July, I was ready. I had just turned 21 and decided I’d had enough. I was tired of living in fear. Fear has caused me social anxiety and stress for years! I have a pretty confident exterior so most people mistook it as me just being an asshole, NO WHEN I WALKED INTO A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE: my heart raced, I was nervous, always in fear of being judged, I did not want to say or do the wrong thing, I felt extremely awkward, and most of all cared about what people thought of me because I wanted to be liked. With all of these concerns, I could not relax and interact with people the way I would if it were only 2-4 people around. Because of this I knew my dreams of being in cosmetology, modeling, even my career of Art therapy would suffer. As my Senior year approached I decided to force myself outside of my shell and made a list of things I needed to accomplish to LIVE instead of just being ALIVE:
- Healthiness of mind, body, heart, and spirit!
- Positivity and Resilience
- Understanding who and what I am => TRUE Confidence
These four things were my toolkit to becoming the woman I dream of being. Weight-loss was certainly important but as you can see this goes much deeper. Weight lose is not my primary focus, obtaining and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is. Being healthy begins MENTALLY then it transcends to the PHYSICAL body.