Quick summary I am Bianca Jazmine:
- College senior, Psychology major; Art minor
- In July ’13 I was finally ready for change & began my journey!
- I played a couple sports in high-school but I am in no way an athlete.
- I have no background in fitness outside health class, and gym in high school.
- I am obese
- I am a recovering compulsive eater
- I SEEK TO HELP OTHERS ! ❤
- So far I have lost 47lbs and at 208lbs I plan to lose 35-40 more lbs. I feel 165-173 lbs is a healthy range for me, I just want to be healthy.
- & I’m sharing my personal toolkit because it may help you be happy & healthy as well.
In July, I alongside a friend began with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and a circuit. Hiit for 15 mins we ran for 30 seconds and walked for 1 minute. Our circuit was more that I can remember. Out of the 4-6 weeks of us doing 3-4 times I don’t think I ever competed both and if I did my form was off. I was still eating poorly at times and could not perform the way i’d like to. My pride was hurt so I pushed harder instead of giving up like I usually do. NEVER DO THAT, I strained myself to the point of spending days in bed. When we didn’t work out together I’d create my own circuit and run stairs. Sample circuits:
A lot of you inquire about how to begin. Lets talk about food.
EATING CLEAN is essential!
I took baby steps, gradually letting unhealthy things go. Don’t change your eating habits too fast. For example, start by drinking water & slowly stop drinking juice and pop.
Food: Chicken and fish are lean protein I mainly eat them and occasionally turkey. I bake or saute my meat. Meat is not the primary portion of my meals anymore, PRODUCE is. Veggies and Fruits are great! They give you strong nutrition and make quick snacks as well. I also eat good carbs such as baked potatoes and whole grain products.
This is a lifestyle change, meaning forever. You can not return to old habits without using moderation and expect to maintain your healthy results.